View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 06:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Thlayli

FB friends - opinions

This is a pretty small thing but I'm curious what others think.

AH went through a few of his wallowing days recently. He didn't drink/use but he did hole-up in the bedroom slept, watched TV and deleted all of his Facebook friends except for me, his sister, his parents and my parents. It concerned me just because I worry about his depression that he refuses to get treatment for but I didn't bother to say anything about it.

He approached me a couple of days later and asked me to delete several of his friends from my Facebook. I asked why and he said that he didn't see why they needed to be there because they aren't "really" my friends.

He's right in a way. I only know them through him and since we live several hours away from them I haven't gotten to know them all that well. I know them as well as several of my other FB friends though and one of them in particular has posts that often interest me and that I often comment on.

I don't think I should have to delete them just because he's decided to. If he were "unfriending" them because they were a temptation to drink or something like that I might comply but don't really see why I should in this case.

Discussion please.