View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 04:40 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Smile

Originally Posted by DayTrader View Post
NObody is 100% resentment free....nobody. Would not each "new" resentment be considered like a new "test?" I sure see it that way.... another chance for me to choose recovery or choose relapse...and relapse doesn't necessarily JUST involve picking up a drink again. Any one of us can engage in thoughts and behaviors that are 100% in line with our old insanity without ever getting drunk or getting high.
Not experienced as a "new test" for me since proactively living a spiritual sober life. My present experience with resentments is akin to having another go at the same original core issues that although I could allow the whole sorry mess of resentments to be dismissed by justifying my success at sobriety and just get above it all, I choose to use again the simple tools that have always served me so well in sorbriety today same as day one way back at the beginning.

Honesty. Humility. Surrender. Forgiveness. Service. Thankfulness. Joy. Sharing. Caring. Integrity. Peace of mind. Study. Prayer. Spiritual Awareness and Descipline. Childishness. Love.

Those tools, and more, keep me working on the original problem: Alcoholism. It was a great joy when I finally realized i did not have to drink or be drunk to work on a solution to my alcoholism. It all seems so simple now. I don't and won't ever forget from whence i have come, but in all honesty, It clearly nowadays happily baffles me why I ever decided it was worth getting deluded and drunk over....

That's a good thing, hahahaha.

So yeah, I don't see it as a new "test." And so, after time works its own magic, things continue to get not only better, but easier as well, cause it is just like riding a bike now, or falling off a log...

Originally Posted by DayTrader
I'm recovered.......no question about it.....but that doesn't mean I'm perfect....and I'm no longer victim of the delusion that I need to be perfect to be recovered.

My alcoholism is perfectly arrested. It is dead to me. The aftermath of my alcoholism is of course still in play with my body, my emotions, my past. My psyche though is forever changed. The alcoholic mind I can still hear, but it is sooo verrry clearly alcoholic, that no mistake could possibly be made in my identifying whatever from my alcoholic mind. It is so wounded, so defeated, it is shutup and boxed in. Spiritually it is dead. No power. Gone. What remains are just shades and whispers. If perfection exists, and I do believe it so, than a spiritual sobriety is surely a perfect remedy to fatal alcoholism.

Cheers!