View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 09:49 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  
sadsoul2011

Dominica - Welcome! Glad you could join us! You've come to a truly special and supportive place!! We're an active group - if you have a chance you may want to read back over previous threads (if you haven't already)

Goodcheer - "Peace, Love, Understanding" -- Love It!!

Tanja - I do the same thing as needed I do try to use it sparingly though because otherwise I feel horrible and hopeless. It helps me to remember the bad briefly (I can bring up the negative feelings quickly; like snapping my fingers the bad feelings can be in the pit of my stomach, make my heart pound and swell my entire chest - I've had so many bad memories for so long).

HOWEVER, THEN, I immediately change my mind to good thoughts (spend time envisioning the exact type person I want to be, run down all the positives from not drinking, think back over all the good advice and wishes from everyone here). By the time I finish that exercise I'm in a pretty good place...

You are working so well on your recovery Tanja! Your progress is encouraging. You should feel great BTW - how is your doggie doing? Is he feeling better?

Hope everyone is having a great day! I'm actually getting a few things done and off my desk - imagine that. Maybe all the talk about procrasinating has been working on my brain Don't know, but I'll take it LOL.