View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 02:11 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
sadsoul2011

Originally Posted by Deserto View Post
I think I've got a cross-addiction. I'm now addicted to SR

Seriously, why can't I get anything done today? I need to finish a proposal, it should take me about an hour, but I'm just procrastinating like hell. Anyone else experiencing this?
I must confess - I'm also addicted to SR I understand completely your feeling of being unproductive... I've been struggling with it for quite a while now... I either want to be on SR or I'm sleeping - only getting the "do or die" items done each day. And - let me tell you - I can't keep going this way.

On the bright side - it does seem to be getting a bit better. I actually think my addictive voice has been trying to convince me that I don't feel like doing anything so that I'll go back to drinking. NO WAY Overall it seems that each time I feel a little stronger my productivity goes up a little bit... Until then I figure that time on SR is time well-spent - I'm being productive at staying sober.

I think it's good being obsessed with being sober right now. In the past this is the timeframe where I would slip back into my old, bad habits and start drinking all over again. I'm not going back there this time!

Hang in there! Have a great walk!

p.s. Loving the thread on Allan Carr's book that you started. I'm hesitant to post because I don't feel all that smart but it has been fascinating to read. May post something once I re-read it. Lots of interesting ideas to think about.