View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 01:31 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
debinaweb
Stronger Together

Hello all

Roll call: My sober date is 10/17/2011. To maintain this state of grace, I read SR everyday. I walk in the surrounding woods 3-4x/wk, which includes a climb up a very steep trail that's not so long (maybe 40-50yds) as it is steep. I have to rest a few times on the ascent it's that steep. You runners would make it without stopping, my daughter does. The dogs charge past and I think to myself, 'I'd like to see you dogs do this standing upright, show-offs!'. Once up top I slow down to look for mushrooms this time of year. (Chanterelle (mostly), bolete, oyster, and cauliflower shroomies are winding down, but now there are Hedgehogs. Other times of the year we walk a loop that we do fast. Also, I am taking b-12's sublingualy along with a 'whole concentrated food' multivitamin, brand name 'Source of Life', big green horse pills, St John's wort to stabilize my mood, and melatonin just before bed if I feel antsy. Oh yeah, and Redbull.

Dee, GoodCheer, Tanja... Thank you each for offering up your counsel concerning how much sequestering is too much or not. Yes, Dee, I do question my motives because I wonder if I might be using this as an excuse to continue to isolate myself. However, in my previous attempts at staying sober, I have slipped down the rabbit-hole without having even seen it coming. So, I guess I don't fully trust myself out there yet. Knowing that so many of you are persevering in the presence of alcohol is most impressive, and inspirational to me. I will get there, too, one day

General, you rock this thread! Thanks for expanding on RA and your insights. Good stuff

Deserto... nice Pic! this is where you run?? Wow!

Sadsoul, Alaska, Honeypie, Boozfree, Philb, littlesparrow, Geralt, Goalof, Hoping everyone is keeping strong today... and enjoying life just as it is.

Sorry if I am missing some of you; I only went back two pages LOL. Check in!

Sigma, so glad you are back posting and not drinking. Missed you!

Letsdoit, samIam, you can probably tell by now that this is a good place to be, glad you are joining us. You can find so much support and guidance here. Deb