View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 01:16 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Tally

Originally Posted by Sarah222 View Post
Reading this post is so wonderful and uplifting. I've just gotten out of a four year relationship with a high-functioning alcoholic. It's been four months since the split and I'm beginning to see how beautiful life can . I'm not 100% there yet, but I'm getting there. I'm beginning to see the beauty in freedom and finding happiness in my life. Although, I still have bad days and at times I still think of my ex. I know my life is better now than it has been the past four years but I am also very codependent and love the idea of being with someone. Being by myself is the most healthy thing for me right now and im learning to be content with that for a while. I thank you for your post because it gives me strength to know that one day I will be like you. One day I will be grateful I walked away and hopefully I will find a new love in this new life. Thank you for your post, it gives me the strength I'm so desperately looking for.

Aw thank you, very kind words

The freedom to come and go as you please is wonderful isn't it? Just doing what you want, whenever you want to without any critisism or moaning. No resenting anyone, no tension or walking on eggshells. LOVE it!