Old 09-02-2004, 04:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
wishIsedNO

For me i deal with life on hour to hour basis...Because since i been off of heroin my moods totally swing....So i try and have patience..Which is sooooo hard...But i try..This past week has been the most stressful...But my program and counselor help me soo much..I never thought id ever say that..Because the last times i tried recovery...I hated groups...And hated talking to therapists even more...But something went off in my head when i got to this program,..Dont know if it was just my time or what..But this time around being able to talk to my counselor and get his feed back relaxes me..And also gives me ideas on how to deal with everything..Because many times i dont see stuff thats there...But others do...So it helps..Like today i felt like blowing up on everyone....Im a caretaker type..Cause i tend to dislike myself so id rather help others then help myself or take care of myself...So when i got to my counselors room all i could do was scream about everything...And he let me and it felt good..and he got me to see somethings you are powerless over and need to let go of it..Another things thats hard for me and many addicts..
Basically take it slow...And try to think before you act...Many times we just do suff on impulse...And then think after..And then the guilt comes..But now when you think before you stay clear of alotta problems...I wish you the best....Jackie