View Single Post
Old 03-16-2001, 03:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Krazy Bob

My goodness, John. It seems that whenever you pose a question designed to create dialogue someone wonders if you are actually an alcoholic. I'm laughing heartidly at the moment.

I'd be happy to address your question without pulling out the BB, and hopefully, answer the question you posed. LOL

I work with others. I get out of the house and get to a meeting. I pray. I talk to my girlfriend, also in the program. I call my sponsor. If he's not in I talk to his wife, also one of us. I call Jon, our host here. I have MANY options available to me should the urge to drink strike.

But to say that I am powerless as the term is often misused in AA is not accurate. I am only powerless if I choose to ignore the tools that AA and recovery have given me that are gifts from my higher power. Left to my own devices I am powerless, but not when supported by faith and the fellowship. The Steps give me strength; the traditions keep me focused. But none of us is truly powerless, except when we pick up that first drink.

Work with a newcomer. Join H&I. Stay busy and of service in recovery. It works for me.