Thread: Newbie
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 08:19 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
zena78749

i have been through all these things. The paranoia, when you quit drinking is aweful....the paranoia when you are drinking is worse. the indigestion, the cramps, the migraines, the chest pains, your arms go numb, your heart skips a beat, you wake up in the middle of the night afraid you are going to die.....but, sometimes, more afraid you wont.....It IS the drinking....do not , for a minute fool yourself. Trying to quit......says it all. I hate that I ma an alcoholic....I hate \what I've done to myself and I hate the things I've put my family through. I, too, am a highly functioning alcoholic. But, I think, at times, how much better could I be, since I perform so well now? i know there is a better life out there....when I dont drink, it seems like the world is better for me....my friends are kinder, my family is joyous,,,,,and then, that leads to an excuse to drink....they love me, so I must be okay....it's not okay....but it can be.....I'm not there yet....but I have seen the light....and it is far more beautiful than the struggle we call "life" right now