Thread: What a day....
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 06:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
GettingBy

There is so much power in doing the footwork and then letting go of the outcome! Letting go of my tendency to fret, worry, plan, scheme, micromanage has freed up so much energy... so that I can live in THIS MOMENT. Right here, right now. That's it. What will be will be... and I will deal with it when it happens.

Accepting that has done wonders for my life. It has also really helped me let go of my AH - and especially his anger. There isn't anything that I can do to change his anger towards me. I am a good person. I'm not playing games with him - I'm working through the divorce process exactly as my attorney advises me. He is angry, fearful... and lashing out at me. Thank god I know now that I don't have to sit and listen to it... and I absolutely do not (and will not!!) defend myself from it!

I'm so excited and hopeful about how my life is rolling out before me! The fear of change kept me stuck this summer. I had to work through my grief over the loss of the marriage. As others pointed out, when the time was right - I would be able to move forward. To try and do it sooner was forcing change and it wasn't right for me.

For those of you who are stuck.... just keep working on you. Focus on your recovery. Your behaviors and attitudes. Be the best YOU can be... one day a time. It really does work if you work it!

Thanks for letting me share,
Shannon