View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 09:33 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
FHB1

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
I was trying to figure out why you are getting those resentments at aa. i've been there when I got stuck in self-centeredness, this is why I posted this. As we say, if you have resentments with my post, talk to your sponsor. I wasn't offended at all. I attempted to help, but in print, take it as you want.

steps 1-7 are self-centered, it wasn't until mid step 5 did.I start to become other-centered.
I appreciate you trying to help sugarbear and I am also grateful for the helpful advice that you have given me in the past. I must have interpreted your words the wrong way. I felt like you were pointing the finger at me and accusing me of being a self-centered person. I would argue the contrary. I am a teacher and I spend the majority of my time helping others and being other-centered. My life is helping others. I see what you are saying about the first few steps being self-centered. In my original post, I was just trying to say that I felt like I didn't fit in and I wished that I did. I wanted to get it off of my chest, because that's the way I was feeling. I didn't intend to diss AA as a whole. AA has helped me a lot and I am very grateful.