View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 05:38 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
OceanSize

So sneaky!

Cunning, Baffling, Powerful....

believe me, my disease is chatting it up with me right now.

I recently had to make a serious decision about putting my kitty to sleep. Without higher power i'd still be on pills & booze, and likely would not have made a decision, and if i had, i wouldn't have felt good about it, and i would have popped pills and had wine the whole way through. But since getting sober with the 12 steps, and taking action (prayer, in this case) i was able to not only make the decision, but give up on the idea that i know what's right and seriously ask for guidance. and guess what - i got it. not from the "big man upstairs" (wtf who is that anyway) but from....a power greater than myself. in the form of a gut sensation, and i just knew what to do. i felt it in my gut. I am sober, i am present - and so i was able to give my kitty a dignified death. i was 100% present when it happened. and for that i am both proud and stronger. and it was peaceful. and it was right. i could not have done this without a higher power.

i drone on. but maybe you get the idea?

i just find it to be such a relief that the only thing i need to know about higher power is that i'm not it! woo hoo!

i'll shut up now.