Thread: newbie
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 08:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bikini69

how heart-warming! thank you all for your encouragement. i really didn't know what to expect after posting. yes there is a pretty bad addiction problem here in my house. for myself and my husband. i spoke with him this morning and we agreed that we are addicts to pretty much anything we can get our hands on and it was the first time that we acknowledged there is indeed a huge problem. we spend anywhere from 200-400$ average a month just on alcohol alone. that doesn't include the other drugs, herbs and pills that we buy or get from family/friends. the worst part is that alcohol is part of my parent's culture. our family parties involve large glass pitchers wine. men usually drink the beer. i grew up drinking coffee with my mom starting as a kid....i was also drinking wine with dinner or the foam off the beer as a child. i didn't really start abusing anything too much until i got psoriasis. i think the substances are like numbing agents for my itchies. i'm thinking cold turkey on the alcohol to start since that is the most common daily fix....as well as the most expensive and unhealthy. that reminds me. i was successful once when i quit smoking cold turkey after heavily smoking 10 years. maybe this will work. why couldn't god make drugs/alcohol and cigs good for us? would be cool if it made us healthier I did eat a ton of Halloween candy this morning as a substitute i don't feel too bad about this since I ran yesterday. i really do hope that i can keep this up. i am 31 with two small children and i want to live forever! AHHH! we will see xoxoxoxox. are headaches part of sobriety? thanks again!