Thread: Antidepressants
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 03:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sidney14

Antidepressants

Hi, This might sound strange, but I am now over a year sober close to 13months am on Cymbalta 60mg, in January 2011 I came back to work from my maternity leave which included me also spending three weeks in rehab for a mental emotional, postnatal of course alcohol was also involved, breakdown, I was quite thin from not being with my baby and weighed 55kilos when I returned to work, in any case has anyone exeience weight increase with the drug Cymbolta. I have increased my exercise dramatically eating much less but still those kilos will not budge, I have put on 5 kilos and I am doing more exercise and walking and running around the kids then ever and still my scales say 60kg's which is I think 132pounds.............the heaviest i have been, normally I would be 57 - 58kgs........so I am getting quite hard on myself and depressed.....so could it be the cymbolta? Also I am a binge drinker which means in my terms I am sober for a long period, but then I binge in a suicidal manner triggered by depression etc.......

So my point is has anyone put on any weight with this antidepressant or had any other experience...........or is it just my age I am 36...