View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 02:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
humblestudent

[QUOTE=Aegian;3149674] I will be at 60 days sober tomorrow and guess I lost the frame of reference on what feeling well really felt like as I slowly sunk deeper into the muck.[QUOTE]

I am only on day 10, and I can so relate to what you said here. I thought I was only physically and mentally affected by alcohol for 3 days post weekend binge. (Only??). But as I'm seeing now, even when I thought I felt good (or as good as it was going to get by Friday afternoon), I still felt like crud compared to the way I feel now. And I had seriously no idea. Feeling horrible became so woven into my existence, that I forgot what it was like to truly feel well.

So now when folks that are drinking say how great they feel, and how much they are getting done, I silently say to myself, "Yes, for the amount you drink, yes. But for a non-drinker, probably not even close." Because even an over achieving alcoholic would probably be nearly superhuman in energy, clarity and motivation without fighting the affects of alcohol.

Oh, I hate how we torture ourselves.