View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 08:30 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
YVRguy

I totally relate clipper as my last relapse occurred when work was nuts and a lot of other commitments piling up. My thinking became affected by that and the relapse happened before I had a drink if I read my journal up to the point where I went off on the bottle.

I think people are correct in saying its our response to the stress , anxiety , a birthday or any number of things that is short circuited as alcohol has been the Pavlov's dog response . The tricky devil then gives a slight relief but then it takes over and well we know it becomes messy. So our response to the trigger and our response to drinking alcohol are abnormal and the way I see it , I can only change one...and it isn't the response to drinking alcohol anymore... that's history.

So your back on track and noting down what occurred to help in the future and that all sound positive to me.

I am pretty sure you can get many more sober days ahead and I think I can too. Right now I am just taking one day at a time and staying with my plan and taking care to overload myself with extra stuff till I am more capable of coping with it, this is day 16 and the way I view that is , 16 days of freedom. I enjoy that freedom and I will work on the next 24 hours of freedom. I imagine that will be the regime for quite a while to I get used to life on life's terms and well not my imaginary terms