View Single Post
Old 09-02-2004, 12:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
jalacola

I stay for all of the previous reasons mentioned

Love, fear, hope...all of them. And shame. Shame in being divorced. Shame in putting up with it all for as long as I have.
My husband checked into rehab on August 2nd. He stayed for 15 days. Those were the most relaxing 2 weeks I have had in years. There was no worry about him spending our money, wrecking his car, being in jail, being dead, etc. Today was his 30 day sobriety and he went to a fantasy football draft with some "old buddies." Buddies who promised to help him be strong and not drink b/c they were so proud of him. He drank. I am so upset. We have a 3 month old baby and a 5 year old. A 5 year old that wasn't in the least bit upset while his daddy was gone b/c it was so peaceful. He drank and didn't even admit that it was wrong. And he lied to me and to his sponsor about it. He only admitted it to me after I busted him with an itemized ticket from the place. I new it before then. I could tell by the sound in his voice on the cell phone. I new if for SURE when he walked in the door. Where do I go now? What do I do? It would be one thing if he were to say that he messed up and actually feel remorse, but he feels none. He lied to me even after I busted him. It would be one thing if he ordered a beer, drank a little of it, and then realized he was wrong. But he didn't. He drank 5 beers and a shot. I am so lost.