Thread: New here
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 02:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
munchkin05

Originally Posted by FoundmySelf View Post
Hi Munchkin, it is so good to have you here at SR. You have found a great and wonderful place. As a full time Mom with a husband who works long and hard hours I know just how hard it is to make those meetings. Like ejoshua said many meetings do start after 8pm so maybe check in to that. Another thing is have you thought about getting a baby sitter? Asking a friend to lend a hand? If you want to get sober and get to that meeting you will find a way to do just that. Sometimes we have to dig really deep to find the answer. For me at first I was terrified and I couldn't go for many of the same reasons you listed as well... when in reality... I was just afraid to go... So make the commitment to yourself and to your son... find someone to care for your children so you can care for yourself... the healthier you are.. the better off you will be not only for yourself.. but for your whole family (((hug)))
We've been meaning to start finding a babysitter since we're new here but just haven't gotten around to it (and partly we couldn't afford it earlier, especially after doing a massive move from Alaska to Maryland)
How long do meetings typically last?