View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 01:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sobern2003
Gratefully Sober

Unhappy 8 Years Sober and Doing Badly

Hello,Im Becky and Im an alcoholic. I have been doing poorly for awhile and came so close to drinking the other night. I have decided to surrender and get my sorry butt back to meetings and quit blaming my job for my lack of meetings. Yes,my schedule and circumstances dont really allow for me to go to activities and meetings I want to,but I have let my bitterness and resentment totally take over and keep me from all meetings. I have not spoken to my sponsor in months, I was GSR for my homegroup and I totally blew that off,and my dealings with others at times has been rough,lashing out unfairly. Damn it I miss AA!! I totally do,and now must pry my sorry butt up from in front of the computer where I park it whenever i am not working,and get back into recovery before something really bad happens.I did get to a meeting last Thursday night, it was my home group for many years before my work schedule changed( read..... I got fired from my last job for lousy attitude and being mean... real mean) Time for me to quit blaming everybody and everything for my misery and take responsibilty.
Becky
:rotfxko