View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 10:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SoaringSpirits

Stay separated and let your A walk his own path. If he's truly serious about recovery, he will know what to do. A year from now, two years from now, if things are really going well, you can considering living together again.

My own story: On May 1 I gave my AH the boot. We've been married 16 years and have 4 kids. I could not take the lonely life and emotional neglect one more day. He did a 180 and wasn't drinking around me, was so loving and like the man I married and lived with all those years. He moved back in part-time (weekends) in July. We had fun for the most part, but it took only four weeks of that to know that NOTHING had really changed. Slowly the sincere, attentive man who wasn't drinking (much) became the withdrawn, angry guy who drank in secret and hated me for all the old reasons (none of which made sense). I made him leave once again on August 1st.

The second 'separation' was brutal for me and the kids. It was really damaging for my kids. Huge mistake on my part to let him back in so soon. Hang tough. Don't let this 'honeymoon period' fool you. It means nothing --- it's just manipulation on his part and wishful thinking on yours.

If you really need to see him, do. Meet for coffee. Go see a movie. Enjoy his company, then go home alone.