View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 06:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
myfreedom

Unhappy New here, Please help me face reality!!!

Hello, I have been married to AH for 10 years. All which were filled with alcohol, verbal and phsyical abuse, 2 DUI's, and we have 2 children. Well about a month ago, something went off and I said " I have had enough". Kids and I moved out. I got a PFA because I had no idea how he would react. Well his family ran to his side so he wouldn't do anything stupid. But this is what happened and what has me on the roller coaster ride; he did a complete 360. He was calm, regrettful, remorseful, cried, etc. Has not drank since then, agrees to see a counselor but no AA meetings. Not argumentative at all. Says he knows he has messed up his life with alcohol and that his family is more important. He has treated me better the last month than the whole ten yrs we have been married. I did drop the PFA because he would not of been allowed to have the kids or see them. I am finding myself believing in him and spending more and more time at "home". Is this just the reality of "she can actually leave me and make it" or is he really sincere? I need to keep my house for me and kids, because I know a month doesn't mean anything. He is making it so hard to stay away. Please help!!!!