View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 04:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
dollydo
I'm no angel!

Well, if you are still angry and doing the same things you were doing a year ago, it is time to leave. What have you done in the last year or so to prepare for the move?

The children living in the home do not deserve to be exposed to this toxic enviorment. It is
very determental to their well being. Children carry their childhood into adulthood. It just isn't fair to them to continue letting this situation drag on.

He cannot and will not quit until he reaches his bottom and embraces a strong recovery program, and, then there are no guarantees that he will stay sober for life. Very few do.
This is a chronic disease that has no cure, and if he continues what he is doing he very well may end up dead.

I posted awhile ago about my cousin, "He has a death wish", been drinking for 50 years or longer, he will die soon, all because of alcohol and heavy smoking. He did this to himself, the family, including me, all had to detach and go forward with our lives. It was he or us, we chose us.

This has been going on for a long time, might be time to move out and on with your life. If not for you, for the children.