Thread: Hi, I am new.
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2004, 06:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
kellynwv

Hi, I am new.

Hi, I am Kelly.

When I was in a awful marriage I started drinking this was about 5 years ago, and the marriage is over and I still drink every single night. I usually drink a liter of Vodka in 5 days. Like I said though, I just drink at night. I find it hard to quit but know I should.

I just got a new job and start Tuesay.. the thing is it is from 5pm to 2pm shifts, and if I keep drinking I will be drinking till 6am (at the same rate I do now). So I think it is time to quit. I'm am so nervous that at my normal time I start drinking (around 9pm) I will have withdraw symtoms. I already have some anxiety and shakes in the mornings and soemtimes they don't go away till I make another dirnk the next night.

I know many have worse problems, but I thought this woudl be the place for answers and support.

thank you,
Kelly

PS I am with a wonderful man now he supports me no matter what. He does not know about how I feel the next day after I drink, I hide it from him. He says I should slow down, but doesn't push me because he really doesn't know what it is doing to me