View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 06:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
bark4sark88

Very shaken right now, need some advice

I've been sober for over 30 days now and have been attending meetings nearly daily and am close to finding a sponsor. Things are going well in school as well as work.
My rent ended in my old place on Oct 1st, so I've been staying with my parents till I move into my new place Nov 1st.

My dad is a recovering alcoholic as well and I've always looked up to him for advice on life as well as being sober. He has a very good job and is a great guy, I'm really close with him. He's been sober for nearly 3 years but today my mom told me he started drinking again, and I thought I noticed something with his speech earlier today but I wrote it off. Apparently he's been drinking the last few weeks now...
This is very hard for me right now, I'm still very early in my recovery and finding out this news has shaken me to my core. He never did AA but went to inpatient rehab for a few months and we all thought he would never drink again.
He nearly lost his job and his family due to his drinking, so I never thought he would dare pick up a bottle.
I'm just lost right now . . . This guy who I look up to so much, who I respect so much, can't stop his drinking.
I'm going to a meeting in 30 min and I will talk about it there so I hope I will feel better.
I just needed to type this out to the SR community, not feeling too good right now.