View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 06:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Becki67

Just beginning to change myself...

I have posted my story on here over a year ago but need some insight tonight. It was a bad weekend with the ABF. Friday, he spent the entire night drinking and woke me up because he fell asleep on his socks and swears that the kids put them there while he was sleeping.

Saturday, a group of us (mostly all kids) all went to the haunted house...which is a family tradition and myself and all the kids love doing. The ABF drank two drinking glasses full of jaegermeister and downed a flask of tequila on the way. Halfway through he falls down, he falls into everyone, and is just obnoxious. Something inside me just broke apart. I haven't spoken a word to him today and have spent the entire time he's been awake (5 pm this afternoon) reading an entire book and taking a bath. I've been crying off and on because I know I have to go. I can't do this. I've been with him 7 years and have lived with all the standard situations that I read on here.

I'm so angry and am going to find an Al Anon meeting this week. I'm pretty good at detaching but it's an angry detachment. I shoot him dirty looks all the time and short answers. How do I do this until I can move out? Can someone give me some ideas until I can go to this meeting?