Old 10-23-2011, 10:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
baxter

Unconditional Love? Venting, I get so messed up

I have tried to keep in contact with my AD (she's more on to alcohol lately than crack) and yes, I still can't shake that "my love can heal her" attitude at times, although I have gotten better - it's a guilt thing she lays on me, but I try to stay somewhat close for the grandchildren.

It's the verbal attacks. You've never loved me (I do with all my heart), you've always loved my sister best (she's never given me such heartache, stole from me, etc.,etc.) you never just stop in to visit (it will lead to you calling me after a few drinks and attacking me for something innocent I might have said), you never acknowledge all I do for my kids (I don't see it) on and on it goes. Then she throws in the Unconditional Love bit.

So, this week I take both girls out to lunch, we do some shopping and decide this might be a fun thing to do every other week. Then bam !!! I get an email from her two days later PO because I hadn't called to see how her new job went (had only been up for an hour and hadn't had time) then she proceeds on how we offered her sister our old camping trailer to buy and not her (she won't even camp) and this happened last year, how we talked of staying in her sister's upstairs garage for a few months each year if we decide to travel back and forth down south for the winter and we never asked her (she rents and has no extra room) how I've never loved her, she's been nothing but crap to me since she's been born, on and on. Then she ends with "I've tried and tried to make you love me and I can't keep on doing it anymore, BITE ME).

I just had to vent - sorry. I really do quite well most of the time but somedays it just gets me.