View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 02:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
CloudyDays

maybe this is a dumb question, but is it possible to talk to a doctor about this, have him help me and keep it confidential? like not let my husband or anyone else know i am working with the doctor on this? i am really scared about this detox thing. one the one hand, 10 beers a night for a few weeks is bad. but i have been MUCH worse and detoxed myself. it wasn't fun, but i did it. it sounds like you can't predict how the detox will go though, is that right? like even though this time out i didn't drink the horrible amounts i did on my last relapse, things could still be really bad?

what i'm wondering is... you know they say that when you pick up again, almost immediately its like you never stopped in terms of alcohol tolerance and medical effects? like there was no time in between the last drink of your last time out and the first drink of your relapse? i'm wondering if detox works the same way. like this time out i didn't drink as much as i did last time, but in terms of my body detoxing, that doesn't matter. hmmm....

i never thought about this until just now.
i am scared.