Thread: updates
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 09:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
steve1840

updates

so i have again been spending time away from the board and doing my own thing. its been going well. i spent last weekend on a picture journey in the coal region of pa. and found some great spots.

the tranquility of that was unexpectedly interrupted by a call from jail. i did not accept the call. i did accept one a couple days later. basically she's in jail. has been since the 7th. if funny how one day she says how this was a good thing for her and wants to go right to rehab when she gets out. then it becomes that she wants some time before rehab. i see tha maneuvering to get high and that gives me extra strength to say no to anything and to no pick up the phone.

i even received a letter the other day where she said she would do anything at all not to lose me from her life, anything rehab whatever it takes. so when she hinted at getting high, i reiterated- at least one year in rehab and clean. this is your chance to start and you are not wanting to do it. she gave all the reasons why she wants to get high one more time, i said, if you are needing one more time, it doesnt seem that you are ready. then the excuses were repeated.

so thats huge for me. i'll talk to her in a few days to see what her plans are for when she gets out. it'll only be a total of 17 days. seems at first it was enough to scare her, but now that its winding down other things are in her head. for me- lifes been pretty good.