View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 06:48 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
goodcheer

alaska...echoing everyone's thoughts on your therapists views. my thoughts are that therapists are more oriented toward treatment of the psychological issues. her comments seem to suggest that if you handle the psychological issues, you will be in control of the alcohol. but the truth is, through your stories, you have let us know that you have a physical addiction to alcohol. gr8ful's quotes from the AA big book are right on target. we might have developed our addictions to help us with emotional problems, but we still have a dependence on alcohol. therapy certainly can help, but i think we all need help managing our addictions and learning to live sober. participating here helps a lot with that.

one thing i notice from many comments from folks, as well as my own experience. once we bring our alcoholism into the light of day, we find out who our supporters are...and we can also be surprised by people in our lives who don't take us seriously. this is a serious problem! i love drinking and i wish i never had to give it up, so why would i go through all this pain if i was able to control alcohol? i cannot control it, that's for sure.

wishing you all peace this evening.