View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 06:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
gr8ful42day
I love this place.

Sorry to hear you are sick Zen. Whispering prayers for you to feel better quick!

Originally Posted by honeypie
There are people in my life who love and care about me and they say I don't have a problem! Literally my own mother has told me I don't have a problem.
I can relate honey! Back in 2009, when I woke up shaking and googled Parkinsons Disease I learned it was withdrawal, I immediately called a rehab. When I told family/friends/coworkers I was going away for 30 days they said NOOOOOOO...not you, can't be! You started a non profit and have 100's of volunteers you manage around the world! You have your own business and work for others! You homes school your children for God's sakes! Whatever, I was highly functioning Alkie.

A yr later (after rehab I only lasted short time sober) was my 2nd accident, that killed my bestie...then they believed me. Thank God for my family. They are in Al anon and read up on this horrible problem and are extremely supportive. They all flew in from out of state to support me through court. They helped me heal from my injuries and are still helping me heal emotionally. Lost my job so they weren't supportive at all, someone else took over the organization I started, no support there, and lost some mutual friends of me and BF. But, that's their problem not mine. I have to once in my love have HEALTHY selfishness and worry about me and getting MY life right. No one can do it for me.

When I read about your mom, I was reminded of this quote I read recently:

"When others asked the truth of me, I was convinced it was not the truth they wanted, but an illusion they could bear to live with." -Anais Nin, writer (1903-1977)