View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 06:31 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
GettingBy

It really is hard work!!! I never really understood the concept of staying in the moment. My thinking disease had me projecting out days, weeks, months, years... my head would spin out of control trying to figure out the "plan" that would lead me to happily ever after.

I'm getting better - much better - and just doing the next right thing. Breaking things down to "What do I need to do RIGHT NOW?" has made life so much more manageable, peaceful, joyous and free. Truly letting go of the outcome and accepting whatever happens has been in a word... amazing. My HP continues to surprise me with the people that seem to appear out of nowhere... at just the right times!! I no longer feel like I have to MAKE things happen... I just have to have faith that whatever happens is exactly what is right for me

Transitioning from the former life of "death grip on the wheel" to where I am now has not been easy. I still have moments (and expect that to continue on for the rest of my life!!) where the stinkin' thinking/fear mongering/awfulizing rears its ugly head... but NOW, by the grace of god, I know that I don't have to live that way. I have tools to work through things in healthier (less controlling!!) ways!

So.... cue George Michael.... "Cuz you gotta have faith, faith, faith!!!"
George Michael - Faith (US Version) - YouTube

Love and hugs to you!!!
Shannon