Thread: New to site
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2004, 04:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
junem

Hi Jewels,
I am a recovering alcoholic who lives in Toronto Canada. I have been sober now for almost 2 years. I am always glad to meet another person who has chosen to do the hard work of recovery. I went into a rehab as well and have unfortunately been off work now for almost 3 years as part of my journey includes a battle with PTSD and major depression. I manage to stay sober only by taking life one day at a time. When I hit my bottom, I felt as though I was dead but that my body didn't know enough to stop functioning. I was unable to care for myself even for the simple tasks of looking after my meals or hygiene. All I seemed to be able to do was drink. Even though I was unable to perform the simplest of tasks I somehow still managed to be able to drag myself out to the local wine store to get my precious supply. Life meant nothing to me except a bottle. I surely was dying. Dealing with my emotions sober is now my greatest challenge as for so many years I just numbed myself out. I am and have learned more since I have entered recovery about life than I ever have in my 50 years of life and the lessons just keep on a comin. Welcome to the site and I look forward to getting to know you and share in your struggles and triumphs.
june