Old 10-17-2011, 11:50 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
kandi89

Al-anon would be a great idea. you've got to stop worrying about what you can do for him and worry about what you can do for your daughter and yourself. You'll make great friends who understand you and your situation to a tee. You can not change this man...PERIOD! He looked like this great loving perfect guy when you fell in love, well let me tell you something. We alcoholics are very charming, we have to be to keep up our facade. I'll tell you something, while I was in a committed relationship I got a kick out of finding men that I could make fall in love with me to boost my ego. I was charming, funny and I would do anything to just get them to really love me, I would act like I wasn't a heavy drinker, then once they were truly falling for me I turned the tables on them and broke them. But the honest truth is, I didn't even know why I was doing it, at one point I was actually trying to maintain 3 relationships at once, that's insanity. Being anywhere near an active alcoholic is like standing in the path of a F5 tornado, You will be blown away and trying to change that person is like trying to blow the tornado in the opposite direction with your mouth, it's not going to work, I'm sorry that you're in pain, but it's time to stop being the victim and start being the advocate. To yourself and especially to your daughter. You wouldn't send your daughter outside to play in a tornado, so why would you invite one into your home. Please get to an al-anon meeting and get as many resources as possible. Best of luck to you, there is hope ahead of you, but it's in your hands to find it, it doesn't involve this man though and that's that.