View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 12:05 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
StarCat
Today is a New Day

Way to go, Tuffgirl! Reading your post, it needs some really awesome self-confident music in the background. It's great to "hear" you taking a stand like that, and I'll confess I feel great now.

I am grateful that XABF is not computer savvy. He doesn't even know what a "Forum" is, so I am confident that he'll never find this place. If he had been reading my posts when I was new here, I would have felt completely violated. Part of this may be due to the fact that he was also abusive; part of this may be due to the fact that he made some halfhearted attempts to stalk me in real life after I went no-contact. Having no contact with me, he eventually gave up; if he had found this forum who knows, he may have tried longer, or tried to come back for some form of revenge, or who knows.

It doesn't matter now, of course, since he's given up and the odds of him putting any effort into finding me at this point is pretty slim to none. (Plus at this point any attempt is going on his job record, and he could lose his job, which I am sure helps.) That said, it feels great to know that the admins of this forum are working in the background to ensure that this place remains safe.

Originally Posted by wicked View Post
I have the paintball gun of shame at the ready Tuffgirl!
Thank you for your post of strength.
Beth
Poor Beth, you've been dying to take that paintball gun out for a spin, haven't you?
I don't have a paintball gun, so I am going to prepare some water balloons and lend my assistance, and pull out the old camouflage jacket from the back of my closet for good measure!