View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 08:49 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  
Terminally Unique

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by onlythetruth View Post

9. We have the right to respectful, nondiscriminatory care from doctors and other healthcare providers and to receive services on the same basis as people do for any other chronic illness, with the same provisions, co-payments, lifetime benefits and catastrophic coverage and insurance, self funded/self-insured health plans, Medicare and HMO plans. The criteria of “proper” care should be exclusively between our healthcare providers and ourselves; it should reflect the severity complexity and duration of our illness and provide a reasonable opportunity for recovery maintenance.
Much as I tend to agree with many things you write, OTT, I'm not so sure about item #9 here. It seems to be an attempt to create a loophole large enough for a beer truck to drive through, with the door wide open to endless "relapses" and multiple re-admissions to rehab. I have no doubt that the addiction treatment industry lobby had a hand in this one.