View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 04:59 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Faith1984

I'm 27, but I was 24 when I was addicted and got help for the first time. I did spend 4 weeks not in "rehab" but intaken in hospital for depression and anxiety, which they assumed was the reason I started drinking in the first place. (they detoxed me at home first) I have been sober after that for quite a while. Relapsed recently (some months ago) thinking I could just have a "social" drink again. I kinda quit on my own using some of my anti-anxiety medication. I was on a good path, but relapsed recently on an all-inclusive vacation. Reasons? Well I guess we always find some: my grandfather had recently been in hospital, I couldn't get the image out of my head from when I had to call 100 (which is like 911), the alcohol was everywhere, even in liquor dispensers in my room. Then I caught a bacterial infection, been in hospital there and was flewn home earlier.. where I couldn't stop anymore even though I didn't even enjoy the taste anymore. Even before getting a chance to tell this to my psychiatrist, my doctor (who was to follow up on the bacterial infection) already noticed. She saw I couldn't get out and that I was going right back into withdrawal if I tried. She helped me out with the needed medication until I saw my psychiatrist. So now I'm back on day erm.. 10

I did my first online SMART meeting yesterday, which I must say was interesting. It's the only one in the week that I can attend tho, die to time zones. I wish they had real life ones over here.