Thread: Detox help
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 10:50 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Spica

Roxy, sorry to hear you are in pain. Also very sorry to hear about the ulcers.

I broke my ankle in May and I am very happy to say that I can manage the pain comfortably with ibuprofen now. One of my good friends is an ER nurse and she keeps fussing at me to be careful with the NSAIDS and their effect on the tummy - I was eating them like candy to keep the pain at bay after I detoxed.

Any chance you can see a Dr. to see if there is a non-opioid method of pain relief that may work? There is also the option of going on a longer term suboxone treatment plan. Just be careful - my first sub doctor tried to keep me on them for life (long story - one that got very expensive as each visit and refill cost me upwards of $450.00 - I ended up having to taper off them myself over a period of several months). If you have good medical insurance you may be covered in the cost dept.

By the way - congratulations on your baby girl! I can barely remember what my son looked like when he was that young. Enjoy the young years because they eventually turn into teenagers who know EVERYTHING!!!