Old 10-14-2011, 05:34 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
TodayImFree

Its been my experience that that those feelings or cravings are part of recovery and if it was easy everybody would be doing it. I also learned that relapse isnt part of recovery, its part of the illness. This I learned on one of my attempts at sobriety while sitting in a hotel room watching a show on alcoholism while chugging many beers.

I once had it explained to me that while i was abstaining from alcohol my addiction was in the parking lot doing push-ups getting stronger but awareness can be its best defence. Also as a daily drinker I struggled with the thought of life with out alcohol as i thought it was my only friend, as i broke it down and faced each day as it came life became easier.Today its quite the contrary,when i get the thought of drinking i replay in my head the misery and constant mental obsesion i had and thank God i have a daily reprieve. Today I have a love for life and all things in it, 6 months ago i was contemplating suicide,and as a husband and father of two beautiful children it goes to show how cunning, baffling and powerful alcohol can be.

all the best and remeber you are never alone.