Old 10-14-2011, 05:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
sadsoul2011

Originally Posted by ForeverDecember View Post
Something else I've noticed since quitting, I've been eating a tonne. Like non-stop, can't seem to stop sticking food in my mouth. I used to not even eat dinner, as I'd drink instead, but now I'm hungry all the time. Is this usual?
Well - I have no idea how usual it is, but I'm having the same problem. I also rarely ate a decent dinner. Always fixed something good for the family and then saved my calories for my liquid diet. I think our bodies need vitamins and nourishment now; maybe that's why we're so hungry. We could also be dehydrated. I've read that when a person is dehydrated it can feel like hunger. So, I'm trying to drink more water.....

I'm trying to curb the "calorie problem" by making better choices. For example, when I'm craving sugar I try to have an apple instead of chocolate chip cookies. However, there I sat at the computer last night munching on chocolate covered pretzels And, I've actually been allowing myself some treats so that I don't feel totally deprived.

I'm trying to be kind to myself and know that in the next week or so, when I'm feeling stronger, I'll start working more on my diet and trying to do a tiny bit of working out (which right now is nothing LOL) and then every few weeks add something else. If I try to do diet and exercise at the same time as quitting drinking I'll go nuts!!

Definitely helps to keep the mindset that this process is going to take a long time!

Have a great day!