Old 10-14-2011, 04:44 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
NoelleR

Cool

When I was at the hight of my alcoholism (or perhaps one could say the depth of my alcoholism, depending on how one looks at it), alcohol ruled my life...........: ......go to a restaurant that didn't have a full bar, or at least a beer and wine list.....? absolutely NOT!!!... ....go to a theatre that didn't serve some form of alcohol...? again, absolutely NOT!!!... You get the idea.

Well, if I were to check everything, to make sure there wasn't the slightest bit of alcohol in it [like mouthwash, cough medicine, flavorings for cooking and/or baking (like beer or wine or vanilla, etc.), perfumes, colognes, deodorants, the list could go on and on].....well, to me that would be letting alcohol (or the lack thereof) rule me life again, and one of the perks of sobriety for me was that alcohol was no longer a ruler in my life; in fact, in sobriety, for me, alcohol has become a total non-issue.

Oh, and btw, just a wee fyi.....nyquil and all other cough medicines no longer have 25% alcohol; they reduced their abv to 15% a few years ago.

(o:
NoelleR