View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 11:02 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
justariel510

no one has posted for a long time but i am a young alcoholic... i am 19 years old and have been drinking since i was 14... it didn't get bad until the summer i turned 17 because i began hanging out with friend who were of age and would buy alcohol for me so we could party. i didn't think any thing of it really until i was blacking out almost everyday and when i would wake up in the morning i would just want to drink, that went on for about 3 months until this girl i met while on my first binge told me she thought i had a problem... so i stopped, at the time it wasn't a big deal to me... i felt like its just alcohol, whatever, i can do it. WRONG. me and the girl got into a fight so i went back to my "old" friends and so began my drinking again... this time around though, i was in school again so i would get done school, go to my friends and drink. i never blacked out during that point, except on the weekends, i had it somewhat under control but i was drinking everyday and my tolerance was becoming unbelievable. again though, i didn't see a problem with it cause i was working and doing well in school, although i knew my motivation for both were dwindling but it was my senior year so i really didn't care. i got accepted to college and such so i looked at my drinking as ok but it wasn't because that's when all my relationship started to go downhill... i never wanted to be home or around really any family members at all cause when i was sober they would annoy and **** me off, i lied to mom my mom constantly for no reason, i started hanging out with only people who i knew could get alcohol and ditching all my real friends, the one relationship i was actually committed to trying i messed up because i couldn't stay sober and would lie about it and inevitably get caught. but i did manage to go through 1 semesters of college though until that girl i previously mentioned came back into my life and she tried to actually help me stay sober but i just wasn't ready so i did anyway in retaliation, i guess that's what it was. but not shortly after i got obliterated and we got into a HUGE fight and she has not talked to me since. did my drinking stop? nope. i did fail out of college though. that's when i started faking my sobriety, i told basically everyone that i sober but i was drinking secretly, that's when i really started thinking it was a problem, but i kept that up for awhile but i missed partying with my friends so that ended pretty quickly... im at the point where i haven't drank for about 12 hours now and i know that isn't much but i have no job, no education, and i feel basically completely alone. i have been to the bottom of too many bottles and this is where it has gotten me. my life is the lowest its ever been and its because i couldn't accept that i have a drinking problem... i have now though because i think i have known for awhile but i just couldn't accept it because i am so young and most people don't understand... so heres to not drinking and my sobritey!