Thread: Detox help
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 12:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Spica

Sounds like you may have ~3-5 days of light flu like symptoms ahead of you. The worst may be done over the weekend. Or maybe you dodged a bullet.

I have never done the rapid taper off of the subs but I do know that they are much longer acting than oxy/roxy. I am sad to say I do not know what the withdrawal period is for a rapid taper. Usually after being on them for a while it takes ~2-3 days before withdrawals get going in earnest off of them. Many folks have the traditional flu like symptoms and are back to themselves in a short while (~two weeks give or take at the 2mg dose) but each of us is different - some have had great success with the taper off of subs - some not so much. Hopefully someone else will jump on with more experience. There is also a suboxone thread below this substance abuse one that may shed additional light.

You are doing all the right things. If you start to feel bad post here and we will all jump on with suggestions on how to work through the discomfort. One thing that may linger, it has with me, is insomnia. That takes a while but you have meds so you may be set!