View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 12:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
drowning1024

Lost in Addiction

My 1st post...i have lurked for awhile.

I have been married to my AH for almost 3yrs. I have 3 daughters from a previous marriage and a newborn son with my AH. I KNEW my husband was a addict when I met him, so maybe that is why I'm having a hard time with a decision of staying or leaving. My AH was on Oxy then decided Roxy was cheaper and not as bad. He has been to rehab 3-4 times already, a sub clinic and now the methadone clinic. The dr. at the sub clinic said xanax would help with his oxy withdraws???? So he also has a problem with xanax. Long story short.....we live in his mother's basement, he has lost his job (which was very good and well-paying), both of our cars were repossessed (mine after he totaled it..DUI)....I'm at the bottom of bottom. I work 40hrs, take care of the kids, pay what bills we do have and pay for his MMT. I use to think of myself as a good mother and person but I after the things I have put my children through I no longer see that. I wait for the glimpes of the sober person that I love but I rarely see them. I know I can't help him anymore, I have 4 young kids and myself to worry about. My question is how to I get out of this messy, violent relationahip and fix it so I'm never in it again....I need help.