Thread: Reaching out.
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 01:41 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
qpapq

I am so cross with myself.

I had a conversation today, with a friend not associated with SR, he is an online friend, the only one in the world who knows I am struggling with my drinking hablits. He was fairly supportive, he too has had a problem with his drinking.

The conversation turned to ghosts and shadows in our past. I knew as soon as the conversation started that I would get upset. I didnt know that I would want a drink as bad as I did.

Even as poorly as I have felt, (cold) I still ended up getting in the car and going to buy wine. I stood in the store looking at the shelves, I chose my purchases.

Its stupid, I am stupid.

I chose wine I knew I didn't like, as if that was some sort of pennance, to drink the wine I dont enjoy drinking??

I came home, realise I didn thave time to drink it before Housemate came home, so the only logical decision was to drink the bottle superfast.

What is wrong with me??? I want to badly to help support the good good people I have met in here, I want to listen and empathise and help. How can I do that when I am half cut?

*bangs head against wall really hard*

Im so sorry to all of you I have let down.