Old 10-11-2011, 06:35 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
FT

When I was still a drinker, I tried to drink a glass of cooking sherry once when I ran out of cold duck. I almost gagged on the sherry, which had a very high salt content since it was formulated for cooking. However, I successfully drank sherry at other times that was NOT cooking sherry.

As to cooking with wine now, I do it once in awhile, but most of my recipes are for cooking sherry. I never did like sherry much anyway, but having a bottle of it in my fridge doesn't tempt me any more than having soy sauce in there does.

I guess I am practiced at "shifting" now, but over the years I've been confronted with alcohol on many occasions and am never tempted to drink it. Ever since I became a non drinker, it doesn't matter how much alcohol I'm around, I just don't' drink it. I still fall back on "what would a non-drinker do?" in all situations, IF my addictive voice pipes up. It rarely does anymore, but I know it is still there. I know that because, oddly, I ask how it is doing now and then if I don't hear it talking. I suppose I pity it in a way, because similar to AprilMay's beast/AV, it forgets to wash its hair and rarely puts on clean underwear since it never gets to go anywhere anyway.

FT