Thread: Day one, again.
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 03:47 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
TallWater

Originally Posted by Pixy1 View Post
Tallwater I can totally relate to wanting a wine when you get home. I stopped almost 2yrs ago and got 6mths. I picked up again and drank that glass of wine/ bottle and for over a further 18mths drank almost daily. I now have only 12 days behind me but I could so easily open that wine every evening. The thing is I just know that I will have to go through this again and again until I change the cycle. No matter how much I want to have that wine (and trust me I want it) every single evening from around 4pm that is all I think about, I just know that I will achieve very little else with my life if I don't somehow break this hold it has over me. All I can do is take it a moment at a time because quite honestly I don't think I have the strength to face a whole day at a time. I trust and know (from stopping before) that this does and will get easier. Keep posting regardless, you will get there in the end, just don't give up.
Thank you Pixy, It seems so innocuous, but I know that it is only hindering my quiddity.

I lifted hard last night and had a long day at work (I work a swing shift 4 days a week) and wanted to watch Dexter tonight, but I forgot to set the dvr to record.

Tonight was a 12 million dollar install of network gear, done stone cold sober:

That's the network side of the internet.