View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 11:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
happybear

Real close call!

I was having strong urges to get high last night. i talked about it with my sponser and a few other folks in my support group. I went to a meeting - feeling went away for awhile. Then it hit hard later on at night around 1am. The urge made my gut flip. It was intense and sadly, I didn't want to tell anyone about it and have them talk me out of it. At this hour I didn't want to make any more calls and truthfully I was determined to get high (just a little -my denial and lie i tell myself)

Anyway, I got in my car and drove to one of the usual spots couldn't find anyone but I got pulled over by a cop for being in the wrong part of town and there was some discrepancy in my tags. I got searched, questioned, he didn't give me any tickets and I was let go. he gave me a verbal warning to straighten out my tags. Guess what, that urge went away instantly. i went home, happy and relieved I didn't score and or get nabbed. in fact those cops were my guardian angels. (and by the way I didn't tell them I was on my way to score dope)

Incidentally, I almost never got stopped or pulled over when i was getting high and thats probably hundreds of times i scored for over 20 years. Anyway, I'm keeping my clean date. And I'm gonna continue on with my recovery.