Thread: Day 1 -
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 01:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Deserto

Hi Sad,

I posted this to you on another thread and wasn't sure if you saw it. But as someone with a very similar story to yours and on Day 2, "I really found taking it hour by hour helped, for me at least. Looking back on yesterday (and how nice to be able to look back on it with clarity) I recognize that the desire to drink wasn't persistent all day, just very intense at certain moments. Make it through those moments and you can make it through the day. Stay busy, drink lots of water, and take some vitamins -- that was all advice that helped me."

I also found reading to be very helpful to get me through the day. I was reading the Tao of Sobriety and that seemed very effective for me. Also just reading these threads helped a lot. And keep writing how you feel! We're here for you. It sounds like one of your biggest challenges may be feeling isolated, so keep talking, even if it's here on SR.

And remember that those thoughts that say you're a bad person -- they are not true. That's the alcohol/addiction talking. Go easy on yourself.

Day 2 is going so much better for me than Day One... and I really hope that you can see that tomorrow so we can chat about it. We're rooting for you.