Old 10-10-2011, 06:40 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
AprilMay1895

Last time I got sober, I had an instant addiction to anything and everything that had a ton of sugar. That part is like night and day for me. If I've been drinking, I won't even touch sweet stuff, not even the slightest hint of desire for it...when I'm trying to stay sober, I could pretty much eat straight sugar cubes. LOL

I'm trying to do a more holistic approach now that includes Weight Watchers....so kicking in on the exercise and healthy diet while abstaining from alcohol at the same time. Weight Watchers is actually what brought back my desire to stop drinking. You had to track everything you put in your mouth, so there was a number attached to the damage I was doing. They'd give you a certain number of points per day and I'd be fine until I drank at night and then I saw I was consuming like 3 days worth of calories....I didn't stand a chance at losing any weight as long as drinking was in my life.

I've always had a paranoid feeling in my head that changing everything at once in my life would just lead to failure, but I'm going to try it anyway this time around. Seems the benefits of healthy diet and exercise are shown to help with sobriety a lot plus I need to see my life improving at a faster rate to help me justify abstinence and my weight is one of those things that needs a big ole' push forward towards improvement.