View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 11:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Oh, I have had 'roommates' over the years when I needed to 'ease' a 'financial' crunch.

I learned a few things in how I worded my ad, included things like 'a mature working woman', 'quiet house', 'alcohol and drug free house', etc etc and kept 'their lease' on a month to month basis so that I could give them 30 days notice as they could give me.

I had one bad one, and she was out 30 days after notice (in total she was in my home 47 days, lol) and yes, she was my first roommate, but I learned from that. Did a LOT of interviewing after that, and some checking too, including employer, and things got better. House rules were posted on the refrigerator. Roommates shelves in refrig, pantry and freezer were marked. Spot in laundry room for roommates own personal laundry products, etc

So, don't give up, lol just change your way of doing things and you can still get that financial help in an honest way, with very little interference from a roommate.

I should also share that two of those 'roommates' became very dear and close friends and remain so to this day even though both have moved to other parts of the country now.

Sending good thoughts and prayers your way.

Love and hugs,